The department is leading in the education of students in “Communication Engineering” and “Computer Systems and Technologies” degree “Bachelor” and “Master” in Master program “Computer Systems and Technologies”. The form of education is full. In the department can be trained PhD doctors program “Computer systems, complexes and networks” in regular, extramural and individual form of education.
In the department there are 13 lecturers, including 1 professor, 5 associate professors, 2 assistant professors PhD, 1 assistant professors, 2 teachers and 2 PhD students.
The Department conducts researches in the following areas:
- Simulation and analysis of high-speed computer networks;
- Digital signal processing (DSP);
- Wireless Communications industry;
- Wireless sensor networks and systems;
- Methods and Algorithms for communication networks;
- Low-speed communication networks;
- Design and research of electronic systems for measuring, monitoring and improving process parameters;
- Design and research of computer-based measurement systems;
- New approximation methods in the communications;
- Implementation of new educational technologies in the educational process, based on modern information and computer systems;
- Internet of things (IoT).
The department has training laboratories, computer rooms and research laboratories for practical training.
The department keeps close relationship with industry in the region and similar departments in other universities in Bulgaria.